Thursday, February 26, 2009

Well, God certainly has bestowed riches upon me on this eve of my coming-of-age: Not only art my moneybags now twice my weight (thanks to the rather handsome gtfo-of-our- company payment and final monthly salary), but I was just given the best new toy that trumps all other toys out there on the market: Flock.

Once upon a 92834759 times before, Safari--deemed the most expeditious browser for the refined Apple (pleonasm) user--went undoubtedly schizoid on me. The widely known fact that Safari does not allow one to restore his or her previous session on the internet added to my frustration. Therefore, a damsel in distress, in dire need of restoring normalcy to her cyberlife, turns to Google to find a means of escape from overload-induced freezes (Firefox) and site incompatibility (Opera). Thus a search for "best internet browsers" yielded 80 trillion results, but scrolling was unnecessary after having seen the first or the second link.

After an appealing synopsis, I made no haste in downloading Flock, for a distressed damsel has no time to waste...especially when serious business like the internet is pressing. Well, after the quick download and installation, I opened the application. Much like finding one's blind date to be Rain/비 (90% of Korean men look like him, so I don't understand the wherefores of my investment in him) or Johnny Depp (no longer that appealing due to de trop mainstreaming of his attractiveness,

Let me start again, and pardon the digression. Much like finding one's blind date to be Rain/비 or Johnny Depp, I was awestruck by this new suitor. Beheld this studly creature I did--I'm obviously still beholding. Lo, for I have pictures of this on-going date, which I'm guessing has become more of a courting:


  • My World (leftmost button): One-click latest 411 acquisition. Win! View your feeds (there's .opml compatibility, so you may import your feeds from other feed purveyors), stalk your Facebook friends/acquaintances a little (or en masse), and view a slew of videos that you enjoy. (Do NOT notice the time, because this entry is not in continuation of eight or so hours ago. Not at all.) 8)



  • People Sidebar (second from the left): Your connections aggregated into a nice compact window. Your Facebook and Youtube connections (and some others, but those are the only two sites on my People Finder) will be shown in the sidebar.



  • Photo Uploader (rightmost button): The interface within an interface for dragging-and-dropping photos. Once you click on the button, you only need to drag your photos of choice into a spacious gray box, set the destination for your upload, and your photo will be uploaded. Or one may drag and drop the photo into the Media Sidebar, which is the horizontal side bar seen above the window in the aforeposted picture. Should the Media Sidebar be too imposing on your browsing experience, you are able to conveniently close the sidebar by clicking on the "Close Media Bar" button (the third button from the left in the tab).


  • The Feeds Sidebar (fourth button from the left) opens your imported feeds in the left sidebar, and the Mail icon will give you a drop box to play with your mail.


  • The starry-iconed surprise that you see is the Favorites sidebar, which conveniently gives you easier access to your favorites (this trumps having to click the arrow at the top-right corner of your browser window in Firefox (or one of the tabs at the top of the top of the computer in Safari). Adjacent to this utility is the powerful icon that somewhat justifies the delusion that one is the Supreme Ruler of the Cyberworld. Not necessarily so, for you only have master access to your accounts on GMail, Facebook, &c. My apologies for giving anyone hope that's already been dashed. 8)




  • Lastly, but not least...-ly, are the Web Clipboard, in which one may drag URLs and images from websites in order to access them at a later point--in other words, Right-click + Save As-ers may more easily just drag-and-drop and see just how much fapping material they save to their computers (awesome, cheers), and the Blog Editing utility(?), which opens up a window and allows those uneducated in HTML to easily edit their text.






Now that you've been made cognizant of the presence and awesomeness of Flock, be ye proselytized and rid your computers of Firefox (though essentially one may think of Flock as the "After" in a Before/After comparison with Firefox), Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer. Though, like the vast majority of men/women/suitors, there are latent flaws that have yet to be discovered by me. For example, my computer's fan has been working like a Mauritanian slave. Perhaps Flock will walk the path of Safari and abruptly quit on me while I'm at the end of a blog entry...and so on...

This blog entry was typed over the span of 30 or so hours, because I felt like death yesterday afternoon. So debilitated am I right now that the real death might happen today, the day of my coming-of-age. Awesome. Nonetheless I am going to obliterate all two of you readers of my blog with this nuke of Cuteness^^:

1 comment:

Regino Flores said...

I lol'ed throughout this whole thing..Just want to point that out.