Sunday, October 26, 2008

Well, this weekend was one that is worth archiving via my blog. I'm thankful that I didn't squander my entire free time either sitting with my laptop atop my lap (wow, I do see what it is that I did there) or stool or even staying in Seoul.

Well, I had planned not to do any of those things on Saturday, but then I had to have gone and annoyed myself by leaving the apartment too late in the day. I would have liked to leave before noon, but that rarely happens--especially on a Saturday. It had been raining until I had finally left the apartment. However, the raindrops were still coming down as the sun was effulgent and enveloping 서초구 with its late-afternoon light. Here's my attempt to capture this cute little moment of insanity:

Sorry, but my lens couldn't go any closer. (P.S. You may not be able to detect it as well as I thought, but the sun was shining.) This has happened back in my hometown a few times as well. I'd rather have things like this happen than to have an earthquake, for example. Being on the 13th floor makes me especially grateful that Korea seems to be less susceptible to earthquakes than Japan.

Korea--at least, Seoul--has some rather intempestive temperatures and weather, but it also has beautiful skies.

Well, these are beautiful to me. I tried to capture the sun in the second one; I blatantly failed. I have others to share with the 0 readers of my blog, but they're on my external hard drive right now.

An Aside of Sorts: Speaking of external hard drives, I think I'm in need of depleting my bank account even more of the wherewithal for the still-dormantly-pending trip to Iran in about two months--and of consumption-whoring myself to Apple once again by investing in one of the Time Capsules:


That would be amazing, for I also intend on eventually employing Windows and having it render its services...hopefully sans the little helminths that notoriously render Windows OSes--thus, oftimes computers--technologically leprous. Hopefully my will to resist will not be epically O W N E D by...oh, I don't know...its portability...its design...its compactness...its 500 GB capacity...its reasonable price in one of the Apple resellers here in Seoul...&c... My "will" was trumped when it came to the iPod Touch (now, somewhat regrettably); stay tuned to see whether I buy it or not...on the next..All My Children^^ Blog Entry.

Whether or not I'll actually invest in that remains to be answered, while I'm certain that I'll be investing in another thing: eyeshadow. I've been more into making a palette out of my eye area...and I haven't ever been into mixing (but very partial blending is OK). I'm not very conventional at all in terms of choice and application of eyeshadow (not titillating enough). On Saturday, however, I just so happened to apply an aquamarine-esque color, a lime-green color, and a soft purple color; this is what marvelously resulted:



I seriously thanked God for His guiding words and invisible hand that worked wonders for my eyes that day. I absolutely enjoy it when the colors are expressed so vividly, which used to be a problematic feat that seemed insurmountable, even after doing away with the oil that accrues on my upper eyelids. Digressing, I present to you more pictures:




I'm especially loving myself for having taken a few minutes out to take these pictures and digitally archive this very much loved output from this combination. If any of you bloggers (or non-bloggers) were to actually be reading this, I'm sure that some of you may be wondering if I've ever been so inclined as to take up any fashion magazine or make-up book in my hand. I guarantee the you imaginary readers that I have indeed picked up--and actually browsed--many a fashion magazine and make-up book.


I headed out after that short-lived self-photo shoot. Since it was already late in the afternoon, my options regarding things to do were significantly limited...since I had been intending to venture outside of Seoul. The fact that the distant destinations take anywhere between two and four hours to reach and the rather early sunset time here were the main variables that factored in to my decision not to venture far from Seoul that day. So, I decided to return home rather than going to places in Seoul to which I've been 2394873942837429387 times.

Here. Here was the point at which my little microcompact of the aforementioned aquamarine blue-color eyeshadow fell to the ground, spewing out its "entrails" on my (now, thankfully) finished-wooden floor. Vexing, for there goes one of my most favored colors. Vexing it was, but it wasn't irreplaceable. Thus, an excuse for going back out (specifically to COEX)...

Whilst in COEX, I never buy just that which I actually go there to buy...and I'm quite sure that I am not the only one who is like this. The replacement (plus another color) was the first thing that I had bought, but it certainly was not the only thing. After having been disappointed by the lack of sexy vibes from the Apple reseller and Uniqlo, I happened to come upon a rather sizeable office supply store whilst wayfaring. Some sound that might have been comparable to an orgasm came out of my mouth, and that is when i realized just how much I ♥ office supply stores. Even more appreciated was the fact that I purchased the following for only 23,000 won (with the exchange rate right now, =$0.0000000002):


  • LAN splitter

  • a dry erase board

  • a total of six dry erase board markers (which cost less per unit unpackaged)

  • two sets of an unknown number of index cards

  • a dry erase board eraser and cleaning spray

  • three packages of plastic forks (since you can find these almost nowhere



Ugh, ♥.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the A&F shirts that I had bought from COEX. Korea allows me to consume like whoa with little cost to my bank account. This I like.



(I'll make an entry about Sunday later.)

No comments: